Bob Mayer has served as president of M R Capital Advisors L.L.C. since he founded it 19 years ago. M R Capital Advisors has expertise in economic development analysis, tax incentives, private loan placement and real estate development.This Company also assists development projects and Clients on working with governmental entities.
Additionally, it is an independent Brokerage that works in conjunction with the placement of commercial loans. These loans are placed with various life companies, commercial mortgage backed securities, and other sources of investment capital.
Before founding M R Capital Advisors, Bob served as Vice President and Commercial Loan Officer for the national GMAC Commercial Mortgage Corp. (Kansas City region) for 5 1/2 years. At GMAC, he successfully originated and funded $200 million in loans for office, multifamily, retail and industrial projects.
In addition to Bob's expertise in commercial real estate, he also has consulted for community development and housing agencies. He has assisted both for-profits and non-profit entities in business development and public incentives.
Bob has consulted and advised on a variety of successful real estate projects, including:
- ACME Development Project, cluding the Wonder Shops + Flats, the ACME at 3200 Gilham, and the historic Netherlands Apartments
- The View Condominiums and the East 9 at Pickwick Plaza Apartments in downtown Kansas City.
- Historic downtown commercial projects in Boonville, MO.
- The Berkeley Condominiums near Kansas City's Country Club Plaza.
- Economic development consulting on a mixed use project in Westport area, Kansas City, MO.
- The Rockhill Greens Senior Housing Project, located on the Baptist/Research Brookside Medical Campus.
- Various multifamily development projects throughout the greater Kansas City area in such communities as North Kansas City, Parkville, Independence, Mo. Also various projects in Kansas as Kansas City, Bonner Springs, and other Kansas communities.
Bob has served as an adviser/board member to a variety of economic development organizations, including:
- Parkville, MO, Economic Development Council.
- The Lewis and Clark Institute formed in Leavenworth, KS.
- Missouri Economic Development Financing Association, of which Mr. Mayer is a past chairman.
- Commercial Brokers Association of Kansas City, of which Mr. Mayer was a past President. He assisted the merger with KCRAR Commercial.
- Heartland Business Capital, a small-business lending organization, of which Mr. Mayer is Past President of the Board.
- The Guadalupe Centers Inc., where Hispanic causes and social programs of development are fostered, where Mr. Mayer was a past President of the Board.
Under Kansas City Mayor Emanuel Cleaver, Bob served from 1991 to 1994 as chairman of the Kansas City Tax Increment Finance Commission. This was a key development agency that spurred redevelopment and significant new investment in downtown Kansas City. During the same period, Mr. Mayer served on the Kansas City Economic Development Corp. Board of Directors.
Also in the early 1990s, the Kansas City Business Journal named Bob one of the top 25 economic development professionals in Kansas City.
MR CAPITAL ADVISORS, L.L.C.
Our Company Resources:
- 2018 Annual Report: Download
- 2017 Company Brochure: Download
- 2016 Company Brochure: Download